Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Reasonable realization

For those of you who frequent my blog, I need to ask you to forgive me. I was very convinced and convicted last week about my complaining spirit. I like to think of myself as pleasant and joyful, but friends dearest and nearest to me as well as my sweet hubby can tell me otherwise. Phil 2 talks about believers NOT GRIPING and complaining.

In light of my condition outside of Christ, as Ephesians says "dead in trespasses and sins" and now my acceptance as a child of God as Romans says "received adoption as sons whereby we cry 'Abba Father'" and made alive by the Spirit in order that I may please God and not myself "the Spirit that raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies by His Spirit who lives in you, so then we are debtors not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh" I really have NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT.

I deserve God's wrath and judgment and instead I am dressed in the righteousness of Christ, I am a fellow heir with Him, and daily receive the benefits of being a child of God.

The only thing reasonable for me is to give thanks in everything.

No comments: